Santa's North Pole Dash (5k) & Children's Snowman Shuffle
The Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce announces they will be holding their 5th annual Santa’s North Pole Dash & Children’s Snowman Shuffle on Saturday, December 12, 2015, in Historic St. Charles.
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Historic St. Charles
500 S Riverside Drive, St Charles, MO
Kids' Run: 8:00am
1-Mile Walk: 8:30am
The 5K and 1-mile walk will begin at 8:30 am. Please allow ample time to make your way to the parking areas and arrival at the race start. This race has over 2,500 registered runners and walkers, along with 100+ volunteers, so traffic will be congested in some areas.
The Children’s Snowman Shuffle will begin at 8:00 am. Children are to meet at the crosswalk closest to the finish line. Participants, any parents wishing to run with their child and race officials will walk to the intersection of Jefferson and Riverside to begin the dash back to the Finish Line where children will receive their participation medal.
Once participants have registered, they can pick-up their racing packets on...
Thursday, December 10th from 12:00pm-8:00pm at FLEET FEET Sports - Des Peres
Friday, December 11th from 10:00am-8:00pm at FLEET FEET Sports - St. Charles
Saturday, December 12th from 7:00am-8:30am at the Convention & Visitors' Bureau
5K & 1-Mile packet includes:
Santa Hat, beard and gloves. The shirt will be given to you separately. While every effort was made to honor the shirts requested, we do not guarantee shirt designs or sizes.
Children’s Snowman shuffles participants can pick up their shirt during packet pick up as well.
While a confirmation letter or drivers license would be helpful in picking up packets for others, this year, it is not required.
Best Parking Options for Saturday:
Parking will be available in the City Parking Garage (located at 2nd Street and Monroe), at the Lewis & Clark Boathouse (this lot will fill up fast so be sure to have an alternate plan), at The Foundry Parking Lot (by North Main Street and Riverside Drive / Clark Street) and street parking on Second Street.
No street parking will be available on Riverside Drive or on Main Street.
Additional parking is also available on the 4th and 5th level of the SSM St. Joseph Health Center parking garage and the three AT&T parking lots near the intersection of 3rd Street and Clark St.
Please dress appropriately – this race will take place rain/ shine/ cold.
Following the race we are offering all participants free pancakes and sausage, coffee, hot cocoa and Tang in the party tent, located within Frontier Park. Additional breakfast tickets can be purchased for $7 each, on the day of the run.
If you pre-purchased additional breakfast tickets, you can pick those up during packet pick up. The breakfast will start at 7:30 am and run until 10:30 am.
Immediately following the race, stay to shop on Main Street. Many shopkeepers are offering One Day Deals to our runners and elves. Simply shop in their store wearing your Santa shirt (no beards or hats) and receive their discounted offer.
Many pubs and restaurants on Main Street will be offering specials to Santa’s Gingerbread Men & Elves wearing their shirts in their establishments.
List of current offers:
Bathhouse Soapery - 401 South Main Street; 10% off your purchase.
• Framations - 218 North Main Street; 15% off your total purchase.
• The Gift Nook - 413 South Main Street; 15% off all merchandise.
• Hendrick's BBQ - 1200 Main Street; Wear your Run or Elf shirt and receive 15% off on 12/12/15 only.
• Jake's on Main - 136 South Main Street; Take $5 off of a $25 purchase.
• Jansens Clocks - 608 South Main Street; Take $5 off your $25+ purchase or $10 off a purchase of $50 or more.
• LaGallerie - 812 S. Main Street; Receive 15% off regular priced merchandise for Santa's, Gingerbread Men or Elves.
• Love My Backyard - 409 South Main Street; Receive 15% off your purchase.
• Main Street VaporWorx - 215 North Main Street; Receive 10% off your purchase.
• Mimi's Nail Bar - 524 South Main Street; Receive a 30 minute warm foot soak with foot massage for only $30 or a 1 hour warm foot soak with leg and feet massage for just $50.
• Picasso's Coffee - 101 North Main Street; 25% off any coffee beverage for all participants of the race.
• Remington's - 302 North Main Street; receive 25% off any custom picture framing order by wearing your official Santa's North Pole Dash shirt.
• Riverside Sweets - 416 South Main Street; Receive 10% off total.